Notes to Peter of Spain
1. Peter of Spain, Tractatus, edited by L.M. de Rijk, 1972.
2. Peter of Spain, Syncategoreumata, edited by L.M. de Rijk with an English translation by Joke Spruyt, 1992.
3. In 2015, Ashgate published a critical edition of (a) Peter of Spain’s Questiones super libro ‘De animalibus’, edited by Francisca Navarro Sànchez, in the series Medicine in the Medieval Mediterranean. See the full reference in the Bibliography.
4. For details about these works and the manuscripts see L.M. de Rijk (ed.), Peter of Spain. Tractatus, pp. LXXff., and de Rijk 1968, pp. 23–34.
5. See L. M. de Rijk (ed.), Peter of Spain. Tractatus, pp. LXXXIV-LXXXVIII.
6. For a comparison between Peter’s views and his contemporaries’, see Spruyt 1994.